Thursday, December 10, 2009

Why are all aspiring "actresses" obsessed with being on Disney Channel nowadays?

I am a theatre actress, not a screen actress, but from what I've noticed, the only reason half the people want to be involved with acting only want to be on Disney. Whatever happened to loving Broadway?



Also, why does every girl and her sister think she's a fabulous actress and singer? Half the people who think this have had no training. I haven't taken lessons, but I do think that eight years of professional choir singing(the kind with $30+ tickets at times) qualifies.



I'm not trying to kill dreams here, but why is this?? It doesn't make sense that Disney would ever cast half the people ON their channel. I mean... Hillary Duff? Come on. What about getting some real actors and actresses... like Raven, and Kristen Storms??



Best Answer to someone who can convince me that these people deserve to be on these shows.



Why are all aspiring "actresses" obsessed with being on Disney Channel nowadays?opera songs



wow.... um.... hostile much???



Seriously, I'm not a Broadway actress, nor will i ever be a Broadway actress..... But i have a certain respect for it, and i think you should have respect for screen actresses too....



Now I'm not saying that Miley Cyrus is good because she's not. Hilary Duff is pretty good, she's not the greatest but she's good... It honestly takes a lot of courage to make a movie for the WHOLE WORLD to see and i really don't think you're getting that here.



As for Disney.... yeah i understand why people want to be on Disney, because its a kid oriented show... so many things out there nowadays pertain to the sexual nature, drugs and violence.... it's nice to have a program that appeals to the younger generation.



However.... I do absolutely 100% agree with you about every one wanting to be an actor or an actress, and wanting to be "famous".... It irritates me because now there are so many real actors who want to just do what they love and they're being beaten by the "fame suckers".



But that's just me... I've answered your questions with my opinions, and whether you like them or not... they are better than these half answers the girls above put.



Why are all aspiring "actresses" obsessed with being on Disney Channel nowadays?secure browser opera theater



i would rather be a Broadway actress than a Disney actress any day.
Maybe they want to be on Disney because the producers have a tendency to sleep with their young stars? Hello casting couch...



And you're right, nobody pays enough attention to the basics that a good theatre background can give an actor. They want the quick bucks, where you don't have to be particularly good to get rich quick - in fact, being really good seems almost to be discouraged.



But one thing they all overlook is the staying power of the truly talented actors - all of whom got their start in the theatre.
because most actors on disney grow up and become big stars.
I personally HATE no.. LOATHE Miley Cyrus and High school Musical and all those things on disney channel. They wanna sing like dying whales like Miley does. They don't deserve it. They tink you can just magcally appear to be a good enough actor and you don't have to work for it. You do. People like that are my pet peeves.
I agree with you 100%, I'm trying to break into broadway. But I'm only 14 so I still have awhile.
i understan i luv broadway too it rocks my fav play iz wicked
I agree. Most people that become successful working for disney are popular with the 10-13 year old crowd for a couple years and start a singing career that ends up a waste of time and money. I would much rather be on broadway because it takes much more talent than disney and its more fun in my opinion.
I agree. Broadway is the way to go! That, or actual good on screen films. But I think most people want to be on Disney because they think that it will bring them glamor and fame, and they will be just like Miley Cyrus. They think Disney is an easy way to get into Hollywood. And that because all the kids think they think they are amazing actors and singers, that Disney will too and automatically higher them. (Yeah, right!). Then, they think that it will all be fun and games being famous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer security