Sunday, December 6, 2009

I plan to fly to LA in February... but I'd like to clear somethings up...?

I'm 17 right now... but by the time february rolls around I'll be 18... but I plan to fly over to LA for a concert and was just wondering if I book and print my ticket online and use a relative's credit card to purchase... do I need to show any sort of ID about the credit card? because I don't know if I'll be able to get a credit card fast enough. Do I need to bring my ID to proove its me if my name is on the ticket? also... does hotels let you pay in cash when you check out? or do they just want you to use credit cards? (in that case... is there any Youth Hostels in LA? Near the Wiltern Theatre?)



I plan to fly to LA in February... but I'd like to clear somethings up...?chinese theater



It doesn't matter who paid for the ticket, but you will have to show picture ID at the airport when you check-in to get your boarding pass (like a driver's license, not the credit card). Some of the cheaper hotels may accept reservations without a debit/credit card. It depends on the hotel so you would have to call around. Some will not take reservations without a credit card (in case of damages), some will only accept credit cards %26amp; not debit cards, some will let someone else reserve with their credit card and others will require you show that card as yours at check-in. So it really varies. There are hostels around but those will vary as well. Many hostels in the USA will only accept people with a passport from a foreign nation, they don't let Americans stay. So double check before going and recommend booking ahead if possible. See link below for possibilities. Also, if you have a bank account, go directly to your bank to apply for a credit card in person for possible immediate issue, but be responsible with it and don't ruin your future with too much credit now.



I plan to fly to LA in February... but I'd like to clear somethings up...?opera mini opera theater



You can use a relatives credit card, you don't need any id at that point in time.



You need to have id when you get to the airport, thru security and before you board (depends on the airline for boarding). But you will need a photo id.



Hotels: Yes, you can pay cash when you check out but you may need a credit card to make a reservation. You can have your relative call and make the reservation with their card - I do this all the time for my children



Do not know about youth hostels - don't think you will need one.



Depending when your B-day is, you might be able to get a card on time.



Hope this helps - have a good time! :)
Be sure to get a hard copy ticket. If you use an e-ticket, you have to bring the credit card that was used to purchase the ticket.



You need to bring i.d. to show who you are, and to match you with the ticket.



Yes, hotels will gladly accept cash, even if the room was booked with a credit card.
My 14 year old son flew to Houston Texas, the ticket was ordered with my brothers credit card, which was even a different last name, nothing was asked about the credit cardholder's information.



Ordering your tickets: www.travelgetaways4less.com



Is wholesale of all major airlines, hotels, %26amp; car rentals. Their rates have always been cheaper. Today checking flights from Kansas City Mo to Austin Tx, travelgetaways was $150 cheaper per person!!!! Trip was for 2, I saved $300!!! Have a good trip!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer security