Sunday, December 6, 2009

A fun show that will bring people into auditions?

My mom and I started a theatre company last year. First we did "Joseph" and got a decent turn out. We had auditions for "Fame" but only got about 6 people so the show wasn't possible to do. We are brainstorming on what kind of musical we can do that would bring in a decent number to auditions and sell tickets. The key crowd we're aiming at is 16-25 year olds. Thanks!



A fun show that will bring people into auditions?performing arts center



here is a list of musicals that I personally thought might help... hope you can have a successful theatre season.



Cinderella



Oklahoma



King and I



Annie



Seussical



Beauty and the Beast



Lion King



Sound of Music



A fun show that will bring people into auditions?sunshine opera theater



Jekyll and Hyde would be an awesome show to do. The music's great and I'm pretty sure alot of teens would be interested. (I know I would. haha)



You could also think about The Wedding Singer: The Musical if you were thinking about a comedy. My school just did "I Love You Because..." I thought it was really good. Its a modern-day comedy that takes place in New York City.



Also, the rights for Hairspray should be released soon. (I don't know exactly when. Sorry)
high school musical. if you want like 16 year olds lol. or wizard of oz will bring alottt, oh yeah if you want older do a murder mystery
Grease, Bye Bye Birdie, Hairspray, think fun and happy and possibly something that they've heard of before as a movie or something.
west side story



godspell



into the woods
post open calls on craigslist.org Back in the day I can't tell you how many actors i've seen looking up ads on the libaray computers. You could also post the open audition in the local high school theater departments. However many school are in your area, hit them all up. The more the merrier.



Good luck on drawing a crowd, I have a hard enough time with my own shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer security