Sunday, December 6, 2009

Have you ever talked your way out of a speeding ticket?

i got pulled over 2 days ago for the first time for going 62 in a 50. luckily, i had my friend with me who is really into theatre and drama. the cop asked me if i knew why he pulled me over and i said, "yes, i was going probably 10 mph over the speed limit, but we just got done eating at a mexican restaurant a while ago and my friend is really sick" and my friend was crying and sweating and make-up was running down her face. he looked at my friend and said, "mexican food, i know how that is. i spend hours in the bathroom" and kind of laughed about it. he told her he hoped that she felt better soon and told me that normally he would have given me a ticket, but this would serve as a warning due to the "circumstances." he was surprisingly really understanding, thank God.



i want to hear your stories. :-)



Have you ever talked your way out of a speeding ticket?home theatre



I've never tried to talk my way out of a ticket. I have been pulled over and only received a warning once or twice.



Have you ever talked your way out of a speeding ticket?ballet theater opera theater



Back when I was in college, my girlfriend and I were driving in a rented, bright red Camaro on US 1 just South of Richmond Virginia when I spotted a Sheriff's car in front of us. I grew up in the suburbs of NYC and had never seen an actual Sheriff, so I pulled along side of the car being very careful not to go over the speed limit. There was a big sheriff star on the side and inside was a big old guy with a Smokey the Bear hat and mirrored sunglasses who was GLARING at me in my long hair and beard.



He dropped behind me and proceeded to drive about 3 inches behind our car. I kept to exactly 55 mph while nervously keeping an eye on him in my rear view. Unfortunately, I didn't notice the sign where the speed limit dropped to 35 and all of a sudden there were flashing lights and siren.



I pulled over and Boss Hog came walking up and got my licence and rental papers. After checking them out he came back and asked why I was doing 55 in a 35 zone. I told him very calmly that I was very sorry but I had not seen the sign. He told me it was plainly marked and I said I had been so nervous about him driving so close to my car that I must have missed the sing.



It's been almost 30 years but I remember his exact words. "Well son, you got a fine car and I'm sure it really pulls out, but we got laws here and we got 'em for a reason".



He asked where we were going and I said we were on our way back to DC. He said, "I want you to keep on going and I don't want to see you back in this county again. Hear me?"



We drove on our way laughing.



I was basically entrapped another time in Virginia, too and got away without a ticket that time also. That's another story for another time.
99% of the times it is USELESS, because traffic cops have heard ALL of the excuses and then some.
Oh gimme a break, beautiful blonde like you, you'd have gotten off without lying, just bat your eyes a few times and ask for forgiveness.
Make 'em laugh,that's the ticket.......I made a funny:)....

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer security