Thursday, December 10, 2009

Am I being too sensitive with this?

A work colleague/friend of mine %26amp; I both decided to have an Xmas night out together (theatre), the 2 of us, after work (I've been temping at this company ad hoc for 3 years). I was ready to book the tickets the next day when the next morning, she came in to say she'd been invited with 'other the girls downstairs' (other secretaries) to a meal %26amp; that I was also invited too. Initially, I thought it unfair, as we'd agreed to go to the theatre, but afterwards I agreed to go along too, provided the lady who was organising it came to ask me herself, as I didn't want to hear of this meal second hand (and the lady did ask me). The problem is I have now finished this temporary booking (secretarial) before the Xmas meal arrangements had been finalised and am now working elsewhere and I've not heard a thing from anyone in that company about this meal out, even though they have my contact details and I myself have emailed to ask if I'm not too late to come along. What do you think?



Am I being too sensitive with this?theater



tell them to kiss your @ss



Am I being too sensitive with this?london theatre opera theaterVery low class attitude. Report It


You're only saying that, Traveller, because I didn't pick your answer as the best. Never mind, the more mature your become, the more you'll get over it. Poopsy xx Have a lovely Christmas. Report It


I'd move on if I were you
Well, people get busy during the holidays and they may have dropped the ball. However, it sounds as if this may be a case that they just want to "keep it in the company", so to speak (especially if you are now working for a competitor). The clue was when this woman broke her plans with you in favor of dinner with "the girls." I'd be disappointed, certainly, but I wouldn't waste a lot of time worrying over it. Start making friends at your new job.
hahahaha lol!!!
People sometimes get busy and don't realize that they haven't given you the information. Just contact the person who invited you (either your friend or the person who is organizing the meal) and ask her for where and when you are meeting. (Personally, I wouldn't have insisted on a personal invitation like you did; if you're getting invited, what's the difference?) I'd say it's much better to swallow your pride a little bit and ask again than sit at home on Christmas because you didn't know the plans.



In the future, if you don't like it when plans change, you can say something like, "That's great that you're excited to go out to dinner with those girls. I was looking forward to going to the theater with you though." Then you can negotiate with your friend to do something that you can both enjoy. And, of course, you are free to decline any invitation to do something you don't want to do.
I think that three years is long enough to have developed a relationship with your co-workers there.



I would plan on having that meal with them unless the one who invited you said that you were no longer welcome.



You should contact the one who invited you for all the details.



Best Wishes and Merry Christmas



.
I think YOU have the contact details and should contact them, and either verify that you'd still like to attend, or to tell them that you will not be attending.



To answer your question, yes I think you are being way too sensitive and making too big of a deal out of little things that are actually no deal at all.
Yes, you are being too sensitive. If you want to go then phone someone to check if it's still on and then turn up. If not, phone and say "I have a dinner with my new company and can't really say no." No point in losing social contacts if you got on well your coworker.
I think they do not want you with them now that you are no longer part of their work environment. i temped for years. the regular staff is usually friendly, maybe do lunch, but once you leave, that's it.
Some people take friendship lightly and far from sight is out of mind:(, so best thing is to contact the person who invited you and find out if this is the case. If so, then move on and make new friends at your workplace, "c'est la vie".
My hubby worked in the same place for 15 years.As soon as he finished there, he was forgotten, more or less.Move on and make new friends at your current workplace.That's how work colleague friendships are.Easily made, easily broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer security